What is Crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding is the practice of soliciting financial contributions from a large number of people, especially from the online community and through social media channels. Crowdfunding connects donors to specific projects they have an interst in funding.
How do I make a gift?
WVSOM Foundation's DOGive makes it easy for you to support programs and projects that benefit WVSOM and our students. Simply click on the "Give Now" button on a project page. You will then be promted to fill out a brief online giving form to donate with your credit card via our secure server. Your gift - big or small - will make an impact!
How do I make a "Give a Latte" monthly recurring gift?
Just follow these steps:
- Choose "recurring" next to the contribution levels
- Select your monthly contribution by clicking one of the levels shown; to give another amount, simply type it into the gold box. Rewards begin at the $5 level:
- $5/month - Travel Cup with free refills form GoMart
- $15/month - Above PLUS portable phone charger
- $25/month - All above PLUS presidential socks featuring Dr. Nemitz
- $50/month - All above PLUS WVSOM Sweatshirt
- $100/month - All above PLUS WVSOM Blanket
- Select a "Fund Designation" from the dropdown menu. *Please Note - If you choose a designation of "Other", you must complete the question below your personal information and type in the specific fund where you would like your donation to be applied.
- Complete your personal information (this information is for billing and internal use only. We will never share your information)
- Select an option for how you want to be recognized on our real-time donor wall (or opt out if you wish to remain anonymous)
- Click on the "Give Now" button to access our secure payment site.
If you have questions or need assistance, please call the WVSOM Foundation office at (304) 793-6852. We will be happy to help!
Is my gift tax deductible?
YES! WVSOM Foundation, Inc. is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) charitale organization. If you itemize, your gift may be tax deductible. Your gift will be acknowledged by a receipt from the WVSOM Foundation for your records.
When will my credit card be charged?
Your credit card is charged immediately upon finalizing your gift on the project donation page.A charge from WVSOM Foundation will appear on your credit card statement.
Will I receive a receipt for my contribution?
Yes. You will receive a gift acknowledgement and tax receipt from the WVSOM Foundation.
Where is my donation going?
Your donation will go directly to the project, program or fund that you choose to support.
Who should I contact with questions about my contribution?
You may contact the WVSOM Foundation office by phone 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Eastern time, Monday - Friday at (304) 793-6852, or email us at email@example.com
Can I send a gift by mail or phone?
WVSOM Foundation's DOGive is designed to make it quick and easy for you to give online. However, if you wish to make a gift by phone you may call the WVSOM Foundation office 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Eastern time, Monday - Friday at (304) 793-6852. Gifts may also be mailed to: WVSOM Foundation, 400 Lee Street North, Lewisburg, WV 24901. Please be sure to indicate what fund your contribution is for on the memo line of your check.
How do I make a gift of securities to support a WVSOM Foundation DOGive project?
For information about how to make a gift of securities and/or other details, please call the WVSOM Foundation office at (304) 793-6852 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.